It all started in early 2020 in the Vietnamese highlands when a bunch of nature loving trail runners explored some trails and needed energy to carry on their quest...
Our founding in 2020
Our founder Markus and a few other sport enthusiastic athletes realised that there is a need for some healthy nutrition that is 100% natural and truly eco-friendly.
Lecka was born with the amazing support of the Vietnamese sport community that was looking for a natural and fresh snack for their exercise and outdoor adventures.
While it was pretty easy to source great and high quality local ingredients and create some very uniquely Southeast Asian flavours, finding non-plastic & eco-friendly packaging turned out to be a rather difficult task. For the first year products were sold wrapped in banana leaves, the most eco-friendly packaging that probably exists.
Fast forward to 2021, after a year of research and planning, we launched our new product, that comes in a bio-based packaging and is produced in our own facility in Hanoi.
This is just the beginning of a long journey to provide healthy nutrition from Vietnam, for Vietnam and the world
We are driven by the goal to provide healthy snacks for active lifestyles that are good for people and are good for the planet.
Yes, both is possible. And we want to make them delicious as well.
Our mission is manifested by certain values and a framework that guides us every day and helps us to take the right decisions - the Lecka way.
The Lecka Way
We are using a framework that helps us to stay focussed so we achieve our mission. our priorities are in the following order:
1) Product: Serve a truly nutritious, high quality and delicious product to empower our customer's active lifestyles
2) People: Care for our customers and our own staff with compassion and empathy
3) Planet: Respect our Mother Earth, consider the impact of all our decisions and understand the responsibilties we have
4) Progress: Challenge the status quo and innovate to get better at the previous three points in any possible way
5) Profit: Build a healthy business where profits are invested in the four previous points and 1% of sales is donated to lecka's causes
#teamlecka & giving 2%
We understand that we are part of a wider ecosystem of communities of people and organisations. We can't exist just by ourselves. Hence, we see everyone as part of #teamlecka, from staff, partners to customers and suppliers. Everyone is treated equal.
As a food business, we have the responsibility to keep the balance between taking resources from the planet and giving those in form of healthy snacks to people.
We are committed to donate 2% of our annual sales to two causes where we feel that those are key to our mission:
1) Youth development programs in Vietnam that empower the next generation of leaders and innovators,
2) Projects in environmentalism that protect our planet through conservation work and the reduction of long term waste.
Fiscal Year 2020:
VietSeeds Foundation: VND 2,000,000 in cash and VND 2,000,000 in kind
Fiscal Year 2021:
Plastic cleaning in Dinh Mountain: VND 1,000,000 in cash and VND 2,000,000 in kind
Terry Fox Foundation for Cancer Research: VND 600,000 in cash
Sponsorship of Blue Dragon Children's Foundation Streets Kids Running Race